Monday, February 16, 2009

Musing Mondays - Reviews

Musing Mondays is hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about book reviews…
Do you read any non-blogging book reviews? If so, where (newspaper, library etc)? Do you have any favourites sources you'd like to share?

I do get most of my book reviews from other bloggers but I also get them from Goodreads and Amazon. I also sometimes check the reviews and Barnes and Noble to see if they are different from Amazon.
The best reviews come from other people though so I love when one of my friends tells me about a book and I always check out the employee recommendations shelf when I am in a book store. I don't think I have ever really read book reviews in a newspaper, I've always relied on word of mouth.
How do you get your reviews?


1 comment:

Lynn said...

It sounds like we're pretty much the same -- besides blog reviews, I like amazon, barnes and noble once in awhile, and bookstores (though less of that now that I have a toddler in tow who wants nothing more than to pull every book off the shelf!). I also sometimes look at amazon's "best" lists from previous years, since I don't mind if what I read was all the rage three years ago instead of now.

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs