Monday, January 19, 2009

B is for Burglar


In book two of the Kinsey Millhone alphabet series Kinsey is hired to track down a woman she has never met but who no one seems able to locate. The case begins with a he-said, she-said between the missing women's sister and brother-in-law but it turns out the death is connected to the mysterious fire in a neighboring house.

Kinsey befriends a high-school drug dealer named Mike, who is one of my favorite characters right down to his motorcycle and pink mohawk. He proves to be full of useful information about the burned house, which belonged to his aunt and uncle. But there is more to his aunt who supposedly died in the fire and his uncle who is grieving at his sister's house.

B is also the introduction of Jonah, a local cop who you can tell will have a future with Kinsey despite the pity he feels for himself since his wife left him. I can't wait to see more of him.

I have to say I can't decide if I like B more than A but I adore Kinsey and her sarcastic, no-bull ways. Now on to C is for Corpse.

This book counts toward my Library Challenge

No comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs