Friday, June 25, 2010

Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt


Summary:

There are two sides to every breakup.



This is Jordan and Courtney, totally in love. Sure, they were an unlikely high school couple. But they clicked; it worked. They’re even going to the same college, and driving cross-country together for orientation.



Then Jordan dumps Courtney — for a girl he met on the Internet.



It’s too late to change plans, so the road trip is on. Courtney’s heartbroken, but figures she can tough it out for a few days. La la la — this is Courtney pretending not to care.



But in a strange twist, Jordan cares. A lot.



Turns out, he’s got a secret or two that he’s not telling Courtney. And it has everything to do with why they broke up, why they can’t get back together, and how, in spite of it all, this couple is destined for each other.




Review:


I picked this book up a few weeks ago and headed out to the pool. I read it pretty quickly and did enjoy my afternoon with it but nothing about it really wowed me. This is the first time in a while that I am not raving about a book. That isn't to say I didn't like the book, because I really did. In fact, as I am trying to write this there isn't anything bad I can come up with about it but there isn't anything really good about it. I read it, I liked it, and then I moved on to other books.



I did enjoy that the book was told from both Courtney and Jordan's perspectives so you get a clearer image of their relationship and why they broke up. However, as they travel together the reasons they broke up and the lies they have told eachother start to unravel. You knew all along that they would end up back together and the reasons they broke up that are supposed to be a big secret are pretty obvious and maybe that transparency is what I didn't really like. Also, all the games Courtney played with Jordan during the trip felt childish and kind of annoyed me.



I hate writing bad reviews but there was just nothing about this book that really made an impact with me.

2 comments:

Lenore Appelhans said...

Oooh. And I've heard such good things about this one. Good enough that I bought it!

Hippieannies said...

Greaat post

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs