Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Stop Me by Brenda Novak

Summary:
Widower Romain Fornier lost his reason for living when his daughter was kidnapped and murdered. When the killer got off on a technicality, Romain used a gun to mete out his own justice. Now that he’s finally out of prison, free to return to his Cajun roots, the last thing he wants to learn is that he might’ve killed the wrong man. But that’s exactly what Jasmine Stratford of The Last Sand, whose job it is to help victims of violent crime, has come all the way from California to tell him.

Review:
The second book in the Last Stand Series was another great, edge of my seat read that I flew through. In all honesty I didn't like it as much as the first book, Trust Me, but I still really enjoyed it. Simply put, I didn't relate to Jasmine as much as I did Skye but I still found her story incredibly interesting and I couldn't predict how her story would end the way I did with Skye.

Jasmine is in New Orleans searching for the person who kidnapped her sister and her back-and-forth with Romain Fornier is really the heart of this book. The relationship between these two is what makes you want to keep reading and find out how their separate tragedies are connected.

Jasmine has minimal psychic powers which are an interesting plot twist but also a bit of the reason I didn't connect as well with her as I did with Skye. Her story is also told in New Orleans, away from the Last Stand headquarters in California which I didn't enjoy as much.

Also, like I said I couldn't predict at all how this story would go and when it all unraveled at the end I was shocked. It was a great ending that I really didn't see coming. There were so many separate strings that got wrapped up in a way I could never have predicted and I loved it.

So far I have loved both books in the series, be on the lookout for my review of the third book, Watch Me later this week.

No comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs