Thursday, March 12, 2009

Weekly Geek - Thursday quotes

This is day six of this week's Weekly Geek assignment of daily quotes.
Weekly Geek home
My Saturday quote
My Sunday quote
My Monday quote
My Tuesday quote
My Wednesday quote

This will be my final day of this because I feel I have shared enough of my beloved quotes and because I think you have had enough of my blathering about how much I love quotes (and John Steinbeck and Elizabeth Gilbert and Dorothy Parker). So for the last day I am going to give you non-book quotes. Again, if you read this blog with any regularity you know that the only thing I love more than books is sports. So here are some of my favorite sports quotes.


I always turn to the sports section first. The sports page records people's accomplishments; the front page has nothing but man's failures. ~Earl Warren

October is not only a beautiful month but marks the precious yet fleeting overlap of hockey, baseball, basketball, and football. ~Jason Love

Fans are the only ones who really care. There are no free-agent fans. ~Dick Young

Things could be worse. Suppose your errors were counted and published every day, like those of a baseball player. ~Anonymous

All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. ~Gordie Howe

So go ahead...argue with the ref, change the rules, cheat a little, take a break and tend to your
wounds. But play. Play. Play hard, play fast. Play loose and free. Play as if there's no tomorrow. Okay, so it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game...right?
~so this one is from Grey's Anatomy but it totally fits!

-in related news my beloved hockey team, is hosting the first round of the Hockey East playoffs this weekend. So my mood will be completely dependent on how those games go.
GO NORTHEASTERN! GO H
USKIES!
good luck this weekend guys!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun quotes!

Erotic Horizon said...

I can see your love here - Thanks for sharing with us.

E.H>

Carebear said...

Love that Greys Anatomy quote. Fantastic! And yeah, Go Huskies. Errr.. Washington Huskies that is! I actually just came by to tell you that the randomly-selected winner of the Cheesecake Factory gift certificate is Joy from Joy to the Blog. Thanks so much for entering my giveaway, and for becoming a follower! I hope you enjoy my blog! I try to visit at least 2 of my followers daily to spread comment love so I’ll be seeing you soon!

P.S. Come visit for my best giveaway ever from March 23rd-26th!

Ruth King said...

The Gordie Howe quote made me laugh. And The Grey's Anatomy quote is wonderful. I really enjoyed these.

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs