Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick (ARC) Tours


Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick
Synopsis:

Claire is a #hopelessromantic. Lottie is determined to set up her BFF with Mr. Perfect. Will wants his #secretcrush to finally notice him. Bennett is a man with a plan. Claire can’t believe it when her dream guy starts following her on Twitter. She never thought he noticed her, and suddenly he seems to understand her better than almost anyone. But the Twitterverse can be a confusing place, especially when friends act differently online than they do in person. Things get even more complicated when Claire realizes she’s falling for someone else, the last person she ever would have expected…. Told in an innovative format combining tweets, emails, and blogs, Tweet Heart is a contemporary romantic comedy that will set your heart atwitter.

Review:
I really liked this book in theory, not so much in actuality. I really liked the idea of a book written in tweets and blog posts and I loved the look the text, each page set up like a real twitter conversation or fun blog design. However, to make a story written in 160 character blurbs the story has to be pretty simple or it would be too hard to follow, as a result I was a little bored by the story and the one-dimensional characters.

The book definitely had some funny moments and Bennett is a hilarious character and very well written but the simplicity of the novel hurt it, in my opinion. I do think Rudnick has a gift for comedy and I would be really interested to see what she does in a more traditional setting. I will definitely keep an eye out for what she does next, as this is her debut novel.

Now let me be clear, I didn’t hate the book or anything, in fact I found myself laughing and enjoying it but at the end I just felt it was a little too simple and predictable.

I reviewed this book as part of Good Golly Miss Holly's (ARC) Tour
This book goes toward my Summer Break Reading Challenge and 2010 Debut Authors Challenge

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Too bad it was so predictable, because I love the title and premise.

Collegiate Bookworm said...

Thanks for checking out my review! I definitely can agree with simplicity. After reading the back cover, I had a pretty good feeling what was going to happen,but it was definitely a fun read for the summer!


Kerleisha @ Collegiate Bookworm

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs