Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day Challenge


My Favorite Author is having a challenge
!
I challenge all of our readers to think of 5 (or more) books they are looking forward to reading that will be released in 2009 and then look up those books in your library catalog (most are online these days, so you don't even have to leave your house). If the title isn't listed, submit a request to your library to add the book to their collection. It's different for every library, but for my library there is a link on the main page where I can submit the request online. All I need is my name, library card number, book title and author.

If you participate you will get extra entries in the drawing so get on it!

My library is very small and doesn't get many new books right away so I ended up putting in requests for all of them. I have put in requests before and never had much success but I am nothing if not persistent.

The Season by Sarah MacLean
Evermore by Alyson Noel
The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King (Even though I already own it. I just want everyone else to read it!)
Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott
Shadowed Summer by Saundra Mitchell
Models Don't Eat Chocolate Cookies by Erin Dionne
Pretty In Plaid by Jen Lancaster....just thinking about being close to the May release date for this book makes me weak in the knees. Lancaster is a comic genius!
You Are So Undead to Me by Stacey Jay
Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender

I think I may have just littered their inbox too much but oh well. What books are you excited about for 2009?

1 comment:

Angela said...

That's awesome! If the library doesn't know someone wants to read a book, then why would they buy it? This way they know what you are interested in! I hope they order those books for you. They are great choices.

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs