Thursday, April 23, 2009

Body Image Week at My Favorite Author

The awesome bloggers at My Favorite Author (they seriously rock, check them out) are hosting a body image week and issuing a challenge for everyone. I am definitely taking part in the challenge and I think everyone should take part.

Body Image Challenge

Part I: Feel Better About Yourself
For the next 7 days, we challenge you to look in the mirror every morning and find something you like about yourself. I don't care if all you can come up with is that you like your nail polish or your cute socks or your earlobes! Find something you like and can be happy about all day.

PART II: Accept That Other People Think You Are Great
Throughout each day if you ever receive a compliment about anything I want you to say "THANK YOU" and Stop. Right. There. Don't negate the compliment with "Whatever ... you're the one that's pretty" or "Thanks, but I wish my hair would have turned out better today" or "Thanks, but I'm not really very good at that".

PART III: Be A Builder
Now it's your turn to help the people around you know that you think they are beautiful and talented, too! Make a conscious effort to tell your friends and family the things you like about them, whether it's cute shoes, a listening ear, etc. You never know when it's just the thing they need to hear!

PART IV: Accept the Challenge
Add your name to the Mr. Linky widget at the MFA blog and comment to let us know that you have accepted the challenge. I strongly encourage you to post about accepting the challenge on your blog, Facebook, Twitter or MySpace pages. It's not a requirement of the challenge, but will definitely help you to remember and to do the challenge through the coming week. (The Mr. Linky widget should let you just sign your name without a url if you don't have a blog or website, but if it gives you an error just use the MFA url.) And be sure to comment after signing Mr. Linky!

Here is a link to the participating blogs and schedule. Please check it out, this is a brilliant idea.

1 comment:

Lenore Appelhans said...

So glad you are joining us!

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs