Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer Break Reading Challenge Activity #8

This Activity involves you creating a Read-a-Like List. You can choose any topic/theme that you want and there isn't any specific number of titles required. Just be sure there are enough so it can be considered a list.


Lately I have realized that I have been reading a lot of books set in schools. Now granted, they were both series but I really liked them and the school became a character, which I thought was great. Also, both times I have thought, this is great but it has nothing on Hogwarts!


The Gallagher Girls Series by Ally Carter: the Gallagher Academy is a very important character in itself and of course the main characters know every inch of the building, including the secret passages.



Lauren Henderson's Kiss Me Kill Me and Kisses and Lies. The Wakefield Academy becomes its very own character and of course Scarlett's advantage is that she grew up on the grounds and knows them better than anyone.

I am sure there are more but these are the ones I have read recently and both times I have thought, I love when the school has its own personality. I wish I went to either of these schools, or Hogwarts!

4 comments:

Katy said...

Very cool, I want to read the Gallagher Girls series really badly, I'd never heard of the second one but will have to check it out soon.

Karin Perry said...

I have been meaning to, but I haven't read any of the books you listed in your post. Thanks so much.
Karin

-k said...

I own both of the Henderson books that you posted about but they're buried in my TBR pile. Also, I'm reading Heist Society by Ally Carter and loving it, so I think that I'm going to have to check out her Gallagher Girls series too!

Kim said...

I like your list. Never thought about a school being a character, but I see what you mean:-)

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs