Monday, July 26, 2010

Crossed Out by Kim Baccellia: Book It Forward ARC Tour




Crossed Out by Kim Baccellia


Synopsis:

Stephanie Stewart didn't ask for her gift of guiding the deceased to the other side but she's stuck with it. Why can't dead people just follow that bright light and leave her alone? When Mr. Undead wants to use her special talent for his own evil purposes, her little gift becomes a major liability.

Review:
Every once in a while it happens, I have to write a bad review and let me tell you I never like doing it but here we go. I will do my best to state exactly what I didn't like so that it doesn't seem like I am needlessly bashing a book.

I felt like the book lacked originality, Steph is guiding the dead to the other side which I have been seeing quite a bit of in paranormal YA and of course a bad guy is trying to use her but getting her to fall for him while the good guy is trying to save her and of course is in love with her. Yeah, that pretty much sums up the plot. Well it does when you add in that she is trying to avoid using her gifts and there is a magical teacher that happens to arrive in her life at just the right time.

The story was predictable and I felt it didn't bring anything new or fun to the genre. It lacked the humor of Stacey Jay's You Are So Undead To Me or the drama and intrigue of Evermore by Alyson Noel.

I think if it was the first paranormal YA book I ever picked up I would have liked it, but there is much better out there so this one could easily be skipped. The writing was pretty good though so I won't rule out anything else by this author.

I reviewed this book as part of the Book It Forward ARC Tour.
This book goes toward my Summer Break Reading Challenge

No comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs